Wednesday 15 April 2009

Think on this


I have been so very burdened by the cross. I know, I know I have discussed it and posted it, but my heart was particularly burdened this morning that our Lord was taken and beaten so severely and mocked, His beard plucked out........stripped of His clothing............a scarlet robe placed on His weary bloodied body............a crown of thorns pushed down on His head...............silent, looking past His pain into the future, "Whose future you may ask" Yours and Mine!!!!


Looking into the sins I would step willingly step into, knowing that at the depths of my despair I would need a Saviour, The Saviour, I would need my God, I would need HIM!!


Then as if that was not enough they must have shoved His clothes back on and made Him start His journey to Calvery......


At Calvery they stripped Him naked again, cast lots for His clothes, nailed Him to the cross and lifted Him for all to see.


My King.....hanging on the cross naked, beaten, worn, YET, still concerned for those whose frailties He knew so well...............


Then grace darkened the sun and they could no longer look on His body jeeringly..........the curtain TORE, and in three days He was Alive.........VICTORIOUS..........


Take a moment today to think of the cross and the victory, take a moment to think of what this means to you, take a moment to realise you are NOT DEFEATED, no matter what the circumstances are you ARE VICTORIOUS through HIM...........


Take time to thank Him...............Take time to bless Him.......take time , take time


You are truely beloved


Always


Sharmaine

No comments:

BetweenYou and Me

BetweenYou and Me